Kathmandu :Actress Deepa Shree Niraula is a well known comedy actress in Nepal. She has acted in a number of big screen movies before settling down as a comedy actress.
Deepa Shree Niraula became popular after she began the radio program ‘Dhaniya ki Duniya’ with Deepak Raj Giri. Deepak and Deepa later started ‘Tito Satya’ TV serial. Now, after the success of ‘Chhakka Panja’ & ‘Chhakka Panja-2’ , Deepa Shree has also established herself as a successful film director.
PROFILE OF DEEPA SHREE
- Name – Deepa Shree Niraula
- Birthday – August 23 (Bhadra 7, 2032)
- Parents – Tulsi Prasad Niraula (father), late Gita Devi Niraula (mother)
- Birthplace – Kaheli Tol, Biratnager – 10
- Profession – Actress, dancer, director
- Affiliation – Head of TV Artists Association (Elected in 2013)
- Education – IA
- Debut Teleserial – Agnipath (2048 BS)
- First stage show – 2040 BS in Biratnagar
- First Radio program – The Guest (Radio play)
- First Movie – Naso (2054)
- First movie in leading role – Sangini
- Height – 5 feet and 3 inches
- First Award – Abhinayashree Award (Best new actress, 2048 BS)
- In 2047 BS she debuted in a TV serial ‘Agnipath’. She won the Best New Comer Award at Abhyana Shree Awards in 2048 BS.
Deepa also acted in Nepali movie ‘Naaso’, ‘Hero’, ‘Gaule’, ‘Ghar Sansar’, ‘Chamatkar’, ‘Sangini’ and a lot of other big-screen movies. But, she is better known as the Dhaniya in comedy program in radio and Deepa in popular comedy serial ‘Tito Satya’.